Father’s Day, a celebration honouring fathers, celebrating fatherhood, paternal bonds and the influence of fathers in society was inaugurated in the United States in the early 20th century to complement Mother’s Day. The day we celebrate this occasion in New Zealand, falls on the first Sunday in September. With that date (6th September) not far away, it’s time to think about how you’re going to spoil Dad this year.
We’ve done the research so you don’t have to… If your Dad loves wine, he’ll love these gifts… In no particular order;
- For the cyclist – Bicycle Wine Rack – This handmade tan leather bicycle wine rack is perfect for taking wine with you on the go. It easily attaches to most bike frames with antique brass fasteners, while the hidden clamps hold the bottle securely.
- For the gracious host – Wine Barrel Platters – Clever craftsmanship and a love of rustic charm, prove to be the perfect mix when working with beautiful retired wine barrels sourced from wineries throughout New Zealand.
- For the perfectionist – Spiegelau White Wine Glasses – Perfect wine tastes better in the perfect glass; find out why HERE
- For the collector – Smythson Mara Collection Hard Bound Cellar Book – The man who loves to collect fine wine will want to record it diligently. These cellar books are the most beautiful we have found.
- Premium Hand Picked Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc – From Fairbourne – We’ll always save the best until last….