Here at Fairbourne, as producers of premium hand-picked Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, it goes without saying that we think the best thing you can do with a wine bottle is bottle wine! But, alas all good things do come to an end, so when you have drunk your delicious Fairbourne wine you can of course recycle your glass bottles, if the fancy takes you, or you could get a little crafty!
We did some internet research and here is a list of our top 5 things you can do with an empty wine bottle…
- Create a lamp – No don’t worry we’re not suggesting a tacky throw back from the seventies, we discovered a much cooler look… Hurricane lamps! Slice the bottom of your wine bottles, (easy does it here, check out this link for instructions). Then pop each bottle over a tea light, a row of three or four, cut at different heights will look eye catching as a table centre piece.
- Get culinary – Don’t spend a fortune on a decorative olive oil bottle. You can buy cork stoppers from most good kitchen shops. So remove the label and decorate your bottle if you wish; then use it as an olive oil dispenser.
- Get gardening – Take a look at this article on how to make a self-watering planter, to use as part of a windowsill herb garden.
- Sweet gift – Remove the label. Fill with colourful lollies, (smarties, M&M’s or jelly beans work well), decorate the bottle with a gift label and ribbon, and… Tada! You have a perfect present for a friend with a sweet tooth!
- Feed the birds – Check out this LINK, to find out how to make a wonderful bird feeder for your own garden or a gift for a nature lover.