This one is for Fairbourne Sauvignon Blanc fans in the UK.
Our sources on the ground there, tell us that whilst record September temperatures were enjoyed in parts of the country over the last week, there’s no doubt that leaves are on the turn, and mornings come with a whiff of autumn air.
We’ve never been known for categorising our wines into seasons, and think that Fairbourne Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc can be enjoyed all year round; but we know that some of you are tempted to abandon your beautifully chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc for something warmer and red as temperatures cool.
Well we have great news… You don’t have to! Because we have three tips for extending your Sauvignon Blanc season well beyond the Indian summer that often graces the UK in October; we want you to continue to enjoy the taste of Marlborough Premium Sauvignon Blanc through Autumn, Christmas and beyond!
- Change up your menu… Think about how you cook your fish, grilled salmon is beautiful for summer, but try poaching it in winter to release a whole different set of flavours. Spice things up, add fennel or star anise to chicken and pork dishes. A mid week Asian spiced stir fry with cruciferous winter veggies is a perfect match for Sauvignon Blanc.
- Get things warmed up… Okay, not too warm! Our Fairbourne Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc is best served chilled between 14 and 16°C (52 and 61°F), so in the winter months you might want to take it right up to the 16°C.
- Become the host with the most – Serve Fairbourne Sauvignon Blanc as a delicious aperitif; pair with smoked salmon blinis, you need just four ingredients…
– Pre-prepared blinis (we keep a packet of frozen blinis on hand, they take very little time to defrost).
– A packet of smoked salmon
– A squirt of wasabi paste combined with a couple of tablespoons of mayonnaise, mix and taste to check wasabi level.
– Top each blini with a little of the wasabi/mayonaisse mix, then finish with a morsel of smoked salmon!
Head to your local Majestic Wines store in the UK to find Fairbourne Sauvignon Blanc.