We love to bring you the end result of a good harvest with Fairbourne Estate’s premium Marlborough wine, but Sauvignon Blanc grapes are just one of the things we love to grow.
In case you hadn’t noticed Russell and I are real foodies and there’s nothing we like more than to prepare meals with veggies that we’ve grown ourselves. If you’re the same as us you might find that you have a glut of particular veggies as they come into harvest… About this time of year for us it’s peas!
We discovered this fabulous recipe in the “Celebrate Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc” recipe book, (by Belinda Jackson and Jan Bilton).
Thai-style Green Pea Soup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2-4 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 500g peas
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the curry paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the peas and water. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Purée in a blender. Sieve, if preferred. Return to saucepan.
- Add the coconut milk and coriander and heat through.
Serve with a delicious glass of chilled Fairbourne or Edgehill Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.