Happy New Year! With 2017 now upon us it’s time to start thinking about those New Year resolutions.
At Fairbourne we think New Year’s resolutions should be less about abstaining and more about fulfilling. If you’re going to have a tipple make it count and enjoy it! This New Year’s resolution post is all about getting the most from your Sauvignon Blanc.
- Resolve to choose the right glass – Remember not all wine glasses are created equal. When selecting your glassware it’s important to consider that glass shape can provide a unique experience for drinking your wine. Check out an earlier blog post with more information on this.
- Resolve to keep your cool – Chilling our Fairbourne Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc to serve between 14 and 16°C (52 and 61°F) will delight your taste buds!
- Resolve to step away from the salmon… sometimes – Fairbourne Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc is extremely versatile. It’s true that it has the capacity to honour plain, simple seafood, fresh oysters and steamed mussels, as well as salmon. But it also pairs with white meats like chicken and pork, and even if these are served with herb sauces or rubs the Sauvignon Blanc holds it own. The wine’s vibrant flavors also compliment spicy and ethnic cuisines.
- Resolve to store some Fairbourne for next New Year – Unlike many Sauvignon Blanc wines, Fairbourne will be as good, if not better by the end of 2017. Wine Orbit recently re-reviewed our Fairbourne 15, saying it was “A tightly structured sauvignon offering cellaring potential”.
- Resolve to buy the very best Sauvignon Blanc – At Fairbourne we hand-pick our grapes from a single vineyard. Our wine is supple across the palate with a generous mouth-feel, the vibrant and expressive fruit flavours lead to a smooth dry finish. Fairbourne consistently achieves five star reviews.