Well Spring is officially upon us, and with the days getting longer and daylight saving just a few weeks away we’re starting to think about all the delicious summer fare available in our garden and from local farmer’s markets.
We’re enjoying snow peas at the moment and we love to stir fry, the joy of a busy day dinner that can be popped together quickly and easily with minimal washing up is too much to resist!
We often whip up this delicious “Stir-fried Prawns and Snow Peas” recipe, created specially as a wonderful match for Fairbourne Hand Picked Premium Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. It features in the recipe book “Celebrate Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc” by Belinda Jackson and Jan Bilton.
Stir-fried Prawns & Snow Peas
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon each: cornflour, sauvignon blanc
- 500g raw prawns, shelled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons each: soy sauce, hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflower mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 3-4 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon each: grated root ginger, crushed garlic
- 14 snow peas, strings removed, halved
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Combine the egg white, coirnflour and wine in a bowl. Add the prawns. Stir to coat. Stand for 30 minutes.
- Combine the soy and hoisin sauces. Stir in the cornflour paste.
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add the onion and stir-fry until the onion begins to brown. Add the ginger, garlic and snow peas and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until the peas are crisp tender. Set aside.
- Drain the prawns. Stir-fry until pink, about 2 minutes. Return the snow pea mixture to the pan. Stir the cornflour combo. Mix into the prawns, cooking until thickened. Serve immediately topped with a squeeze of lemon.
Serves 4 as a starter or as part of an Asian-style meal or 2 as a busy day dinner with rice or noodles.
If you like this recipe, wouldn’t you LOVE to win the whole recipe book, well good news we’re giving you a chance to do exactly that!
Just head to our Facebook Page and enter the draw to WIN!