This post is for our U.K. based Fairbourne Sauvignon Blanc fans. We’ve been reliably informed that following a long hot summer, the first whiffs of autumn are in the air. Autumn is one of our favourite seasons, not least because of the wonderful harvest of vegetables that you can find in your garden, allotment or even at the farm shop and farmer’s markets.
It’s the season for beetroot, broad beans and sweetcorn. If you have a glut of any of these favourite veggies here are three recipes that you can use to create a perfect weekend lunch or light supper.
Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Salad
- A few heritage beetroot, cooked and cubed
- A handful of walnuts toasted, drizzled with maple syrup and left to cool
- A little orange juice, balsamic vinegar and olive oil, whizzed into a dressing
- Mixed salad leaves or rocket
- Goat’s cheese, cubed
Lay the mixed leaves on your serving platter, top with the beetroot, goat’s cheese and walnuts, then drizzle with the dressing. Serve with a chilled glass of Fairbourne Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.
A simple pasta dish with Broad Beans and Parmesan
- Your favourite pasta, fussilli, pappardelle or spaghetti
- Broad beans, blanched
- Olive oil
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- Parmesan cheese
Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and reserve a little of the cooking liquid. Toss in the broad beans, chopped mint, juice and zest of the lemon and some olive oil. Loosen with the reserved cooking liquid if necessary. Top with freshly grated Parmesan and black pepper. Serve with a chilled glass of Fairbourne Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.
Sweetcorn and Bacon fritters
- Corn kernels stripped from two fresh cobs
- A couple of spring onions chopped
- Two eggs, separated
- A few slices of bacon, cooked, cooled and cut into pieces
Mix together the corn kernels, spring onions, egg yolks and bacon in a bowl. Whisk the egg whites, until stiff, and fold into the mixture. Fry spoonfuls of the fritter mixture in a blend of butter and oil. Serve with avocado, salsa and a chilled glass of Fairbourne Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.
Head to your local Majestic Wines store to buy your Fairbourne Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.