With winter approaching, we’re beginning to yearn for a hearty bowl of soup. So we thought you might be too…
Here are two of our favourite soup recipes, and both match perfectly with Fairbourne Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.
Thai Style Green Pea Soup
(from Jan Bilton’s “Celebrate Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc”)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 – 4 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 500g peas
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the curry paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the peas and water. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Puree in a blender. Sieve if preferred and return to saucepan.
- Add the coconut milk and coriander and heat through.
If you like this recipe you can buy the book “Celebrate Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc” HERE
Tom yum (hot & sour) soup with prawns
- 700ml chicken stock
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised and cut into large pieces
- 5 thick slices ginger
- 3 coriander roots or 6 stems, bruised, plus leaves to garnish
- 3 lime leaves, torn
- 6 large prawns, shelled
- 3 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 6 small green chillies, chopped
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- Bring the stock to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the lemongrass, ginger, coriander roots and lime leaves, then simmer for 2 mins.
- Add the prawns, fish sauce, chillies and lime juice, then return to the boil. Taste and adjust the seasoning with either more lime juice or fish sauce, then garnish with coriander leaves and serve.