Once again, this blog post is for all our Fairbourne fans in the UK.
We hear that autumn has arrived and temperatures are definitely cooling, and that likely means switching your seasonal menu… Thankfully, what it doesn’t mean is giving up your salads. Let’s face it though, cold lettuce leaves don’t exactly hit the winter comfort food spot.
So we have two recipes for you, using ingredients that always pair perfectly with Fairbourne Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, delicious salmon and salty, tangy white cheeses. Both recipes are super quick to prepare for a weekend lunch or light supper… Bon appétit!
Roast squash and feta salad… Easy as 1,2,3!
- Roast chunks of squash and beetroot at 180ºC for about 20 minutes.
- Finely chop some pistachios and mix with chilli, balsamic vinegar and olive oil to make a dressing.
- Drizzle it over the roasted vegetables and crumble some deliciously salty feta over the top. For a festive jewel like appearance sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
Winter salmon salad…Four steps to success!
- Chop some Brussels sprouts, fennel, broccoli and potato; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast at 220ºC for about 20 minutes. Add some chopped beetroot for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Whilst your veg are cooking, heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan and cook some salmon fillet to your liking.
- Mix a little red wine vinegar and olive oil with salt and pepper to make a simple dressing.
- Pop your roasted veg into a large salad bowl, flake the salmon and some tangy goat’s cheese on top, drizzle with the dressing to serve.
Now head to your local Majestic Wines store in the UK to find Fairbourne Sauvignon Blanc.